2012年2月15日水曜日

Who Is Lord Byron

who is lord byron

A Letter to Lord Byron

Dear Lord Byron,

I am writing this letter to you to tell you that I am flattered that you have written a poem after me; although it is quite a scandalous thing to do since I am a widow who has just lost her spouse. Oh I might be mocked and thought of as something I would very well not want to be. You foolish man, people might think of us as lovers and I cannot take that.
The Works of Lord Byron, Letters and Journals, Volume 1
Learn more
George Gordon Byron Baron
Especially with you writing like this, "and on that cheek, and o'er that brow, so soft, so calm, yet eloquent, the smiles that win…" you might as well feed me to the wolves for such language as this to a widow. Yet it does, almost…touch my heart. You…you speak a many kind words that are not like me, "or softly lightens o'er her face; where thoughts serenely sweet express how pure, how dear there dwelling place.

These are our most popular posts: who is lord byron

Lunts World: Lord Byron: Quote for February 13, 2012

-Lord Byron, Childe Harolds Pilgrimage Byron has been a longtime hero of mine. This is perhaps his most haunting ... read more

She Walks in Beauty – Lord Byron « Five Senses …

She Walks In Beauty, Lord Byron. Posted by robjbell under About life Leave a Comment. She walks in beauty, like the night. Of cloudless climes and starry skies; And all thats best of dark and bright. Meet in her aspect and ... read more

History Undressed: Lord Byron: Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know ...

Dear Lord Byron, I am writing this letter to you to tell you that I am flattered that you have written a poem after me; although it is quite a scandalous thing to do since I am a widow who has just lost her spouse. Oh I might be ... read more

She Walks In Beauty, Lord Byron « RihlaJourney

Lord Byrons Pistol Club. Search: ..... Follow "Lord Byrons Pistol Club". Get every new post delivered to your Inbox. read more

Related Posts



0 コメント:

コメントを投稿